Holistic Tattoo After Care Instructions
Please follow ALL aftercare instructions given to you by Stacey Night or your guest artist.
Failure to follow all instructions may result in your tattoo healing incorrectly and may void the free touch up policy (see below for details) and may incur extra costs of fixing at your own expense.
Stacey Night or guest artist may apply Dermalize Pro on your tattoo if the area is suitable, alternately bio-degradable cling wrap is used for certain parts of the body & for those chose this.
DERMALIZE PRO (If your artist has applied Dermalize Pro please read these instructions.)
- Dermalize Pro is a wound dressing, “second skin” that is applied to the completed tattoo to prevent infection and to help the healing of your new tattoo.
- The first piece of Dermalize Protective Tattoo Film can be left on the skin up to max 24 hours. The exact time will depend on the amount of fluids that the wound exudes; this will vary from person to person.
- In case of copious bleeding or weeping and at the uncomfort of your tattoo, the film can be removed; then for best results and optimum cleanliness washed with tattoo soap (or natural, fragrance free soap) with solaris sponge, left to air dry and then start applying aftercare (mentioned below).
- If Dermalize is hard to pull off the skin, simply let some warm water run under the tattoo film, so that the glue becomes loose and removal of the film is easier.
- When removing the film, make sure to carefully wash the area with suggested tattoo soap, sponge and water, and allow the tattoo to air dry.
- Once dry, apply a thin layer of tattoo aftercare, making sure its hydrated but not oversaturated.
- Any further application of Dermalize can be kept on for a variable amount of time, depending on the client’s need, changing it when you deem it necessary. The total suggested use of Dermalize, covering all applications, is between 6 and 7 days.
WITHOUT DERMALIZE PRO (If your artist has applied Dermalize Pro please read these) instructions.
CLEANING YOUR TATTOO
- Once home, remove the cover and wash the tattoo with un fragranced soap (we recommend Solaris Tattoo Soap and solaris sponge available in store and online) and warm water.
- Leave the tattoo to completely air dry after washing; it is important that the tattoo has completely dried before applying after care cream.
- Please keep your tattoo away from pets as they can carry foreign bacteria, repeat washing instructions if your tattoo comes in contact with your pet.
- After the tattoo has dried apply a small amount of aftercare cream to the tattoo. Make sure that your hands are always clean when doing this.
Aftercare we recommend:
- Solaris Tattoo Care - Range of organic vegan aftercare including Tattoo Butter, Cleaning Soap, Konjac Sponge and more.
You can purchase Solaris online and in store.
- If your tattoo is “weeping” this is normal, just remember to keep it clean and keep a small amount of aftercare on it as a barrier.
- Keep your new tattoo clean at all times and wash, dry and apply cream if your tattoo comes into contact with a dirty surface.
- If your tattoo sticks to your sheets overnight, make sure to wash and clean your tattoo and wash your bedding; do not peel off dry.
Second Day, Onwards
- We recommend if you work in a dusty or dirty environment that you wear clothing that will cover your new tattoo. Avoid tight clothing or footwear that will rub on your tattoo.
- Follow cleaning and aftercare instructions twice a day, morning and night
- We recommend you continue this aftercare process for 1-2 weeks, this will help the ink heal into the skin.
- A shower is fine, but please avoid soaking in swimming pools, baths, ocean and spas for at least 2 weeks, this includes rainwater, salt and chlorine water.
- Do not pick or scratch your tattoo during the healing process. Tattoos may flake and peel like a sunburn, this is normal and you should let the skin flake naturally, applying more aftercare cream if necessary to sooth any itching.
- Your tattoo will be completely healed within 2 weeks if you follow our instructions.
Stacey is more than happy to touch up your tattoo if needed, she will mention this to you after your tattoo. However we can only honour free touch ups if you have followed OUR aftercare instructions and have booked your touch up within 3 months of your appointment.
Sol Temple and Stacey Nightingale (Stacey Night) cannot and will not be held liable for infection of your tattoo if you fail to use clean creams and keep your tattoo clean at all times while healing.
If you have any questions please feel free to call, email or drop into the shop when we’re open. It is important to us that our clients and customers are happy with our holistic service.
Thank you for trusting Sol Temple.